Common Questions in Thailand

These are a list of common questions asked in Thailand when it comes to Thai property laws and also Thai immigration laws. We have listed these questions about Thailand in the listed format for easy reading and broken it down into sections. If you have any other questions then speak to us online for anything you wish to know which has not been listed.

Thai Immigration


Q: What is the income requirements for a 1 year marriage visa?

A: The income requirement for a 1 year Thai marriage visa is 400,000 THB in a Thai bank account or an income of 40,000THB on a monthly bases.  There can also be a combination of the two being income and fixed deposit. The Thai marriage visa has been explained on this website.


Q: How old do I need to be to retire in Thailand?

A: You need to be older than 50 years when you apply for a retirement visa in Thailand.


Q: If I have a DUI can I retire in Thailand?

A: Thailand does not allow people to retire in Thailand who have a criminal record. There are exception but you need to speak to an attorney in Thailand about this. The DUI would also depend on how long ago this was. If it was in the teenage years or in your early twenties it is less of a problem.


Q: Do attorneys in Thailand have a Fidelity Fund and insurance?

A: No, there is no insurance or Fidelity Fund in Thailand. Best is to find a reputable law firm in Thailand with an excellent reputation to ensure that you will never need insurance claims against malpractice or fraud.




Q: What is a maximum time allowed for a lease agreement?

A: The maximum time allowed in Thailand is 30 years. You can also arrange for a back to back 30 year lease but that is the maximum. Vietnam, Malaysia and Hong Kong do offer 99 year property lease agreements. Thailand has reached that point with their property laws as yet.

Q: How pays Rental Taxes in a lease agreement?

A: The lease agreement will normally state if the owner or if you get to pay the rental taxes.


Q: Who pays the transfer Fees in a property transaction?

A: We have listed on this website the breakdown of who pays for what in a property transfer with regard to the taxes and also to and stamp duty on the transfer. We have listed the property transfer fees here.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *